Visit California Protective Parents Association (CPPA) here: http://www.protectiveparents.com/index.html
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
CA Protective Parents Association Newsletter
1. The Mothers Movement is a persistent, insistent civil and human rights campaign. We will never give up until this horrible nightmare for children and nurturing safe mothers ends.
Mothers of Lost Children are gathering on Sunday February 13 from 2:00 - 4:00 pm at the White House for a vigil. Do bring warm clothes and your white t-shirt. We will meet at the International Hostel that night at 6:00 pm for a planning meeting. On Monday February 14 (another poignant holiday for moms who have lost their children to abusers) we will gather at the US Department of Health and Human Services at 200 Independence Ave SW for a press conference at 11:00 am. We will march to the Senate buildings to ask for Congressional investigation into huge expenditures for fatherhood (zero for motherhood) that end up with such terrible outcomes for children. See www.mothers-of-lost-children.com for more information.
2. The audit of Sacramento and Marin family courts has been released after 3 years by the CA Bureau of State Audits. www.bsa.ca.gov. It is scathing. It shows that mediators are untrained, unqualified and the complaint process is flawed. The media is interested in this validation.
3. Kathleen Russell spoke eloquently on KGO radio about family court. http://vaca.bayradio.com/kgo_archives/kgo_player.php?day=5&hour=02
5. Thank you to all who donated to the legal efforts against the Sacramento judge who ruined so many lives in his long and checkered career in family court.
6. The International Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT) is holding their 15th Annual Conference in San Diego in September 2011. To submit a proposal to present at the conference, please go to their website. http://www.ivatcenters.org/Conferences/2010/IVATConferenceBooklet-FINAL.pdf