1. Elkins Family Law Task Force recommendations need your input by December 4:
http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/jc/tflists/documents/draft-finalrec.pdf. Many of the recommendations are quite good. However, one recommendation regarding case management would subvert all the other good ideas. Another recommendation would actually reduce children’s ability to talk directly to the court. See attached for ideas from our partner organization The Safe Child Coalition. Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 415-865-7217.
2. If you have had a complaint about or negative experience with Sacramento mental health professional Janell Burrill, please contact email@example.com.
3. If you have had a 730 evaluator or counseling done by Dr. Roy W. Bradbury (San Bernardino area) through the courts please email firstname.lastname@example.org. (I can't personally vouch for the people doing this, since it was an ad placed in the San Bernardino newspaper Nov 2009.)
4. On November 18th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, Center for Judicial Excellence will present the First Justice Seeker Awards at the Falkirk Cultural Center, 1408 Mission Street, San Rafael. CA They will honor Senator Mark Leno (D-SF/Marin), Assemblyman Jim Beall (D-San Jose), and Supervisor Gail Steele (D- Alameda). www.centerforjudicialexcellence.org.
5. A group of mental health professionals are trying to get “Parental Alienation Syndrome” into the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV). Please contact Daniel Pine, M.D., email@example.com to let him know that PAS is a legal defense for pedophiles which has been thoroughly debunked. Dr. Pine is Chairman of the Disorders in Childhood and Adolescence Work Group, for the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-V), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Building 15K, Room 110, Bethesda, MD 20892-1381, Phone: (301) 594-1318, Fax: (301) 480-8648.